Here in Jackson Hole, you’ll discover March comes in like a lion and leaves like one, too! The fun factor for the end of the winter season in and around the ski areas is amped up for visitors and locals alike.
After checking out the calendar, see our "More Fun Things To Do" section below for a few unique activities to experience this month, too.
• "Feathered Fridays" at the Jackson Hole and Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center on Cache Street from noon-2 p.m. every Friday through the end of March. The program features naturalists and educators from the Raptor Center and the National Elk Refuge, along with a variety of live raptors on the glove. There is no beginning, middle or end to this free program during the two hours. Call 800-772-5386 or visit fws.gov/refuge/national_elk_refuge/
• Grand Teton Music Festival presents Community Concerts the second Friday of each month from October to April - These free concerts take place from 7-10 p.m. at St. John’s Episcopal Church and spotlight professional musicians who call the Mountain West their home.
• Weekly Interdenominational Sunday Service at the Bridger Gondola Summit - Participants ride the gondola up to the service in Rendezvous Lodge, and back down after. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Gondola ride to the service is complimentary without skis or snowboards; load at 9 a.m.; service starts 9:30 a.m.
• Take a tour of Vertical Harvest greenhouse - Jackson's state-of-the-art, 3-story hydroponic farm; tours at 2 p.m. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays; donation suggested - verticalharvestjackson.com
1: Dick’s Ditch Classic Banked Slalom - This ski and snowboard event at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort features 18 categories for both amateurs and professionals.
3: "First Sundays" event at National Museum of Wildlife Art - Music and complimentary snacks available. - wildlifeart.org
7: “Music Under the Tram” series starts at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Presented between 3-6 p.m. every Saturday through March, the series features different local bands each week.
7-8: Jackson Hole DemoFest 2020- Join vendors from 20 of the top international ski and snowboard brands at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. There is a set price to demo.
12-14: Jackson Hole Food and Wine's third annual Winter Fest - A 3-day wining and dining event in Teton Village - jhfoodandwine.com
12: Lightwire Theater's Dino-Light at Center for the Arts - In this original storyline, a famous scientist with magic powers brings a friendly dinosaur to life. This glow-in-the-dark adventure is visually amazing and has been praised for its cutting edge blend of puppetry, technology, and dance by audiences all over the world - jhcenterforthearts.org
13-15: 38th Annual Town Downhill at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Jackson Hole is one of the last places in the country to organize and support a non-sanctioned downhill race. This beloved local event features divisions for pro, recreation, Telemark, junior, fat and baggy, and snowboard. More than 200 competitors show up every year! - Jhskiclub.org
14: “Music Under the Tram” series starts at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Presented between 3-6 p.m. every Saturday through March, the series features different local bands each week.
16: Family Round-Up: Cats and Dogs - Kid's Ranch at JHMR; 4-5 p.m.; free. Meet an avalanche dog and get a tour of a snowcat.
17: Family Round-Up: St. Patrick's Day craft-making - Kid's Ranch at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort; 4-5 p.m.; free
18: Family Round-Up: Cookie Making - Kid's Ranch at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort; 4-5 p.m.; free
19: Family Round-Up: Free Raptor Night - Hotel Terra; 4-5 p.m.; free. Hawks, Eagles, Owls, and Falcons take the center stage. Experience an incredible, up-close learning opportunity with live birds of prey presented by the Teton Raptor Center.
19: Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Film Tour - The original and preeminent fly fishing cinema featuring films from around the world; Center for the Arts. - jhcenterforthearts.org
19: Jackson Hole Gallery Association Third Thursday Art Walk - Galleries are open late, from 5-8 p.m., featuring new artwork, an opening of a show or simply offering art and a glass of wine - jacksonholegalleryassociation.com
19-22: The Annual World Championship Snowmobile Climb will be held at Snow King Mountain by the Jackson Hole Snow Devils. The extremely popular event features machines struggling to get up the 1,500-foot vertical rise mountain. ALERT: DUE TO CONCERNS ABOUT COVID-19, this event has been canceled this year. Snowdevils.org
21: Teton Gravity Research Presents: Futurebirds
- Pink Garter Theatre at 8 p.m.
22: Last day of skiing at Snow King Mountain - snowkingmountain.com
28: Marmot Coombs Classic - Ski/ride the Big One at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort with friends and family in honor of legendary skier and Marmot athlete Doug Coombs. - jacksonhole.com
26-28: 7th Annual Jackson Hole Rendezvous - The Jackson Hole Rendezvous is a 3-day lifestyle and music festival at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. The headliner this year will be Bob Weir and the Wolf Brothers. Read our story for more info: Jackson Hole Rendezvous Festival - jacksonhole.com; ALERT: DUE TO CONCERNS ABOUT COVID-19, this event has been canceled this year.
26: Music Under the Tram series - Annual, free spring concert series featuring local bands; 3 p.m. - jacksonhole.com/music-under-tram
Another Fun Thing To Do
• VISIT GRANITE HOT SPRINGS
How about a relaxing soak in a 112-degree natural hot springs pool? Granite Hot Springs in the Gros Ventre Mountains is a favorite destination for locals and visitors year 'round but is a particularly special experience during the winter. Reachable only by snowmobile, dog sled, fat bike or on cross country skis in the wintertime, the hot springs is 10 miles in from Hwy 191 on a snow-covered road. You'll pass by beautiful scenery, perhaps some wildlife and the spectacular Granite Falls on your way.