Here in Jackson Hole, you’ll discover March comes in like a lion and leaves like one, too! The fun factor for the end of the winter season in and around the ski areas is amped up for visitors and locals alike.
After checking out the calendar, see our "More Fun Things To Do" section below for a few unique activities to experience this month, too.
• See the exhibition, "National Geographic: 50 Greatest Wildlife Photographs" at the National Museum of Wildlife Art. The very best wildlife pictures from the pages of National Geographic magazine have been chosen to be displayed in this exhibition. Continues through April 24th.
• Enjoy free live music every day at the Mangy Moose from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
• Wyoming Stargazing offers free, year-round, public stargazing events on (clear) Thursdays in the northwest corner of the Stilson parking lot off Hwy. 390 and 22, behind the bus hut where there are no lights. Astronomy educators use one of their large aperture telescopes to show you planets, stars, planetary nebulae, galaxies, and more. There is no need to reserve your spot in advance; just come and go as you please..
• Interdenominational weekly Sunday Services at the Bridger Gondola Summit - Participants ride the gondola up to the service in Rendezvous Lodge, and back down after. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Gondola ride to the service is complimentary without skis or snowboards; load at 9 a.m.; service starts 9:30 a.m. If you'd like to attend without ski/snowboard gear, complimentary gondola tickets will be available at the Guest Service Center underneath the Tram. - jacksonhole.com
• Bluegrass Tuesday at the Silver Dollar Showroom in the Wort Hotel - One Ton Pig has been bringing locals and visitors together in the Silver Dollar every Tuesday, year-round, for 15 years! Music starts at 7 p.m.
• Elk Refuge Sleigh Rides - From 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. Tickets are sold in the Jackson Hole & Greater Yellowstone Visitor Center in the parking lot. - fws.gov/refuge/national_elk_refuge
• Snake River Brewing hosts après-ski live music with the Tram Jam band on Tuesdays from 4 to 6:30 p.m.
• Jackson Hole Moose Hockey games will be held March 4, 5, 11 and 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the Snow King Sports & Events Center. Visit snowkingsec.com.
• The iconic Jackson Hole Hootenanny takes place every Monday night at 6 p.m. in the Silver Dollar Showroom in the Wort Hotel.
2: Jennifer Nettles will perform at the Millon Dollar Cowboy Bar. Ticket costs range from $100 to $500 and are available at cowboybarjh.com.
3: WhoDunnit? Anonymous Art Show & Sale - The Art Association of Jackson Hole's annual event where partygoers bid on new works donated by 200+ artists and guess WhoDunnit? - artassociation.org
4-6: Dick's Ditch Classic Banked Slalom - Two-day banked slalom competition at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
4: The Center Presents Lightwire Theater's "The Ugly Duckling" - Lightwire Theater brings a classic tale to the modern stage in an unforgettable theatrical experience. Lined with electroluminescent wire, the beloved story of "The Ugly Duckling" plays out on stage through a cutting-edge blend of puppetry, technology, and dance. - jhcenterforthearts.org
5: Music Under the Tram series starts at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - On Saturday afternoons at 3 p.m. bands entertain slopeside under the Aerial Tram; free -jacksonhole.com
6: Winter People's Market - Farmer's market held from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Center For the Arts
Jackson Hole DemoFest 2022- Join vendors from 20 of the top international ski and snowboard brands at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
10-12: Jackson Hole Food and Wine's annual Winter Fest - A 3-day weekend of wining and dining events, based in Teton Village - jhfoodandwine.com
10: Skiing with the Stars - Support Coombs Outdoors and come out for a day of skiing at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort with U.S. Ski Team members, World Tour competitors, Olympic Champions, winter film stars, and local legends from 12:30-4 p.m. Coombs is a local nonprofit that provides year-round outdoor programming for local youth. - jacksonhole.com
11-13: Annual Town Downhill at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - snowkingmountain.com
12: Jackson Hole Farmers Market - From 1 to 4 p.m. in the Lodge of Jackson Hole - jacksonholefarmersmarket.org
12: Music Under the Tram series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - On Saturday afternoons at 3 p.m. bands entertain slopeside under the Aerial Tram; free -jacksonhole.com
12: COOMBSFEST 2022 -A community celebration of Coombs Outdoors from Noon-4 p.m. at Snow King Mountain. Skiing, food, drinks, music and a raffle; admission is free with a suggested donation that goes directly towards funding Coombs Outdoors programs.
19: Music Under the Tram series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - On Saturday afternoons at 3 p.m. bands entertain slopeside under the Aerial Tram; free -jacksonhole.com
19: Gin & Juice at The Moose - Gin&Juice starts playing at 9 p.m. For tickets, click here
21: 16th Annual Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Film Tour - The original and preeminent fly fishing cinema featuring films from around the world; Center for the Arts. - jhcenterforthearts.org
Jackson Hole Gallery Association Third Thursday Art Walk - Galleries are open late, from 5-8 p.m., featuring new artwork, an opening of a show or simply offering art and a glass of wine - jacksonholegalleryassociation.com
23: The Center Presents Sarah Jarosz with special guest Taylor Ashton - 7 p.m. in the Center for the Arts Theater - jhcenterforthearts.org
24: Grand Teton Music Festival Musical World Tour - Presented at the Center for the Arts by Grand Teton Music Festival; 7 p.m.; tickets available at jhcenterforthearts.org
24-27: The Annual World Championship Snowmobile Climb will be held at Snow King Mountain by the Jackson Hole Snow Devils. The extremely popular event features machines struggling to get up the 1,500-foot vertical rise mountain. - Snowdevils.org
24: Crystal Sound Bath and Reiki at Medicine Wheel Wellness - 6:45 p.m. - mwjh.com
26: 42nd Annual Pole Pedal Paddle Race - A five-event race, where contestants compete either individually or in teams in an alpine ski leg, a running leg, a cross-country ski leg, a bicycle leg, and a boating leg. - jhskiclub.org
26: Music Under the Tram series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - On Saturday afternoons at 3 p.m. bands entertain slopeside under the Aerial Tram; free -jacksonhole.com
27: Last day of skiing at Snow King Mountain - snowkingmountain.com
Another Fun Thing To Do
• VISIT GRANITE HOT SPRINGS
How about a relaxing soak in a 112-degree natural hot springs pool? Granite Hot Springs in the Gros Ventre Mountains is a favorite destination for locals and visitors year 'round but is a particularly special experience during the winter. Reachable only by snowmobile, dog sled, fat bike or on cross country skis in the wintertime, the hot springs is 10 miles in from Hwy 191 on a snow-covered road. You'll pass by beautiful scenery, perhaps some wildlife and the spectacular Granite Falls on your way.