Here in Jackson Hole, you’ll discover March comes in like a lion and leaves like one, too! The fun factor for the end of the winter season in and around the ski areas is amped up for visitors and locals alike.
After checking out the calendar, see our "More Fun Thing To Do" section below for a unique activity to experience this month, too.
Ongoing throughout the month:
• Wyoming Stargazing offers free, year-round, public stargazing events on clear Thursdays of each month (when the temperature is above zero degrees Fahrenheit!) just after sunset in the northwest corner of the Stilson parking lot off Hwy. 390 and 22, behind the bus hut where there are no lights. There is $25/person recommended donation. Astronomy educators use one of their large aperture telescopes to show you planets, stars, planetary nebulae, galaxies, and more. There is no need to reserve your spot in advance; just come and go as you please. In the event of inclement weather, visit Wyoming Stargazing offices at 1135 Maple Way, unit 1, for a sci-fi movie screening. Popcorn, apple cider and hot cocoa are provided.
• Interdenominational weekly Sunday Services at the Bridger Gondola Summit - Participants ride the gondola up to the service in Rendezvous Lodge, and back down after. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear. Gondola ride to the service is complimentary without skis or snowboards; load at 9 a.m.; service starts 9:30 a.m. If you'd like to attend without ski/snowboard gear, complimentary gondola tickets will be available at the Guest Service Center underneath the Tram. - jacksonhole.com
• Bluegrass Tuesday's in the Silver Dollar Showroom at the historic Wort Hotel has been bringing locals and visitors together for 15 years, year-round, through the music of One Ton Pig; 7-10:30 p.m.
• Jackson Hole Playhouse's winter dinner theatre musical, "The Love Shack," is performed on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through March 23rd; visit jhplayhouse.com for ticket information and reservations.
• Enjoy free live music every day at the Mangy Moose from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
• Live music at the Stagecoach with Pete Muldoon & the Pilgrims every Wednesday night from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Jackson Hole Moose Hockey games will be held March 8, 9, 15 and 16 at 7:30 p.m. in the Snow King Sports & Events Center. Visit snowkingsec.com.
• An open mic night is held at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday at Cowboy Coffee on Town Square
1: 9th Annual Moth Main Stage at Center for the Arts - Moth Main Stage is an acclaimed not-for-profit organization dedicated to the art and craft of storytelling. Show at 7 p.m. - jhcenterforthearts.org
2: "Road To Rendezvous" free music series starts at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Dubbed the "Road to Rendezvous" in honor of the Rendezvous spring festival; bands perform every Saturday in March at 3 p.m.; free
7: Jackson Hole Food and Wine's annual Winter Fest - A 3-day weekend of wining and dining events, based in Teton Village - jhfoodandwine.com
8-10: Annual Jackson Hole Downhill at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - jacksonhole.com
9: Winter People's Market - Farmer's market held from 1 to 4 p.m. at the conference center in the Lodge of Jackson Hole - tetonslowfood.org
9: Road to Rendezvous" music series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Dubbed the "Road to Rendezvous" in honor of the Rendezvous spring festival; bands perform every Saturday in March at 3 p.m.; free
16: Winter Market Fest - Presented by Jackson Hole Farmer's Market from 1-4 p.m. in the convention center at the Lodge of Jackson Hole; locally sourced food, live music and activities - jacksonholefarmersmarket.org
16: "Road to Rendezvous" music series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Dubbed the "Road to Rendezvous" in honor of the Rendezvous spring festival; bands perform every Saturday in March at 3 p.m.; free
16: 1st Wild West Winter Rail Jam at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Open format for skiers and 'boarders; tricks for prizes. Wear a Western outfit to better your chances. - jacksonhole.com
17: St. Patty's live music at the Virginian Saloon - Local musicians will perform; no cover - virginiansaloon.com
17: St. Paddy's Day Celebration at Snake River Brewing - Live music with Phat Basturds Irish Band and themed food and drink specials all day
22-24: Dick's Ditch Classic Banked Slalom - Two-day banked slalom competition at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
21-24: 48th Annual World Championship Snowmobile Hill Climb at Snow King Mountain. - snowdevils.org
21: Jackson Hole Gallery Association Third Thursday Art Walk - Galleries are open late, from 5-8 p.m., featuring new artwork, an opening of a show or simply offering art and a glass of wine - jacksonholegalleryassociation.com
23: "Road to Rendezvous" music series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Dubbed the "Road to Rendezvous" in honor of the Rendezvous spring festival; bands perform every Saturday in March at 3 p.m.; free
24: Last day of skiing at Snow King Mountain
30: Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Town Square - Grab a bag or basket for the kids and head over to Town Square at 10 a.m. (promptly!) for the egg hunt and mingle with the Easter Bunny and other favorite characters.
30: Road to Rendezvous" music series at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Dubbed the "Road to Rendezvous" in honor of the Rendezvous spring festival; bands perform every Saturday in March at 3 p.m.; free
31: Easter Sunrise Service at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Free service at Rendezvous Lodge at the top of the Bridger Gondola.
Another Fun Thing To Do
• VISIT GRANITE HOT SPRINGS
How about a relaxing soak in a 112-degree natural hot springs pool? Granite Hot Springs in the Gros Ventre Mountains is a favorite destination for locals and visitors year 'round but is a particularly special experience during the winter. Reachable only by snowmobile, dog sled, fat bike or on cross country skis in the wintertime, the hot springs is 10 miles in from Hwy 191 on a snow-covered road. You'll pass by beautiful scenery, perhaps some wildlife and the spectacular Granite Falls on your way.