Here in Jackson Hole, we love our activities. While your own two legs and a pair of eyes are just fine, we reckon that if you’re joining us, you may have heard about some of the activities we’re world-famous for: skiing, hiking, kayaking, biking, camping… we’ll stop there. To help you choose (and seize) your own adventure, we’ve rounded up the best spots around the valley to fulfill your every gear need, no matter the season.
Summer Fun Rentals
First things first: Wherever you’re going, you’ll want to pack bear spray. Bear Spray costs $40 to $60 per can, is non-refundable and cannot be taken aboard airplanes. Each year, a countless number of bear sprays end up in landfills. Be green, save money, rent! Rental costs are anywhere from $4 to $8 per day. Bear spray rentals: Teton Backcountry Rentals.
We suggest reading all of our tips for staying safe in bear country.
For the Fisherman:
• JD High Country Outfitters is conveniently located on Town Square. Rent a fly rod and reel for just $40 a day.
• Or check out Snake River Angler, a full-service fly shop devoted to all things fly-fishing rentals and even guided trips.
For the River Junkie: Stand-up paddle boards, rafts, kayaks
• Rendezvous River Sports is a one-stop shop for all watercrafts. You can also rent coolers, dry suits and perhaps the most important: personal flotation devices (otherwise known as life jackets). Rentals of three to six days receive a 10% discount! Call 307-733-2471 or email email@example.com
• SUPerior Paddle Sports has a convenient watersports rental and delivery service. Choose from a brand-new fleet of stand-up paddleboards, inflatable kayaks, float tubes and accessories to make floating a highlight of your Jackson experience. Includes free delivery to your accommodations.
• Snow King Mountain’s rental shop also has a large selection of inflatable SUPs.
RELATED STORIES: Jackson Hole Water Fun, Get On the Water in Grand Teton National Park
For the Avid Cyclist: The valley of Jackson Hole has more than 56 miles of paved pathways that link the town of Jackson to Teton Village and Grand Teton National Park, and more than 115 miles of mountain bike trails.
• Snow King Mountain Resort offers everything you need from mountain bikes and e-bikes to kids bikes and trailers for the little ones.
• START Bike is our community bike share program servicing the town of Jackson. With more than 50 bikes and 16 + conveniently located stations, getting a bike is easy. Download the BCycle app to get started today!
• Other convenient options near Town Square are Hoback Sports and The Hub. Both shops offer tune-ups if your bike is just in need of some R&R after a long road trip.
• For the mountain bike enthusiast, Teton Mountain Bike is the place to go for rentals. Road bikes and kids bikes are also available here, and the company offers guided bike tours.
• Staying in Teton Village? No problem. Teton Village Sports and Jackson Hole Sports have tons of rental bikes as does nearby Wilson Backcountry Sports.
• If you’re looking for a company to drop off a bike close to you, check out E-Bike Rentals of Jackson Hole. Just reserve your bike online and choose your desired location to pick up your bike. They’ll pick it up for you too.
RELATED STORY: Jackson Hole Biking and Pathways
For the Camper: Did you forget to pack all the right camping gear? Need extra equipment? Have no fear, as there are a few places where you can easily rent sleeping bags and pads, tents, camping stoves, backpacks and other accessories including GoPros—even bear spray!
• Teton Mountaineering near Town Square rents tents and bear containers, a must.
• Teton Backcountry Rentals has everything you need from sleeping bags to chairs to cookware.
• Skinny Skis has tents, sleeping bags, even sleeping pads. You can also rent trekking poles, backpacks or climbing gear.
RELATED STORIES: Free Camping Near Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park Camping
Winter Fun Rentals
We’re a bit iconic for our skiing and snowboarding here in Jackson Hole. This is for the powder hounds. We know you’d rather be on the slopes so let’s make booking your rentals easy.
For the skier: Ski rentals for downhill and cross-country skis are available at a variety of stores and all three Jackson-based ski areas.
• If you’re staying near the town center, Hoback Sports, Snow King Mountain Resort, Skinny Skis and Teton Mountaineering all rent ski gear, and JD Country Outfitters has cross-country ski rentals.
• If you’re in Wilson or Teton Village, we suggest Wilson Backcountry Sports (pictured above), Jackson Hole Sports or Teton Village Sports
• Grand Targhee Resort, located over Teton Pass in Alta, Wyoming, also has rentals available
• Or if you’re looking for door-to-door service, Black Tie Ski Rentals or Ski Butlers deliver!
For the Snowmobiler:
• Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals. Vroom vroom.
• Leisure Sports. Suit, helmet and boots are included with all rentals. Or throw in snowshoes for $20.
RELATED STORY: Snowmobiling in Jackson Hole
For the Snowshoer:
• Teton Backcountry Rentals has snowshoes for those looking to experience the wonder of winter hiking. The whole gear package is affordable at $25 per day.
• Skinny Skis also offers $20 per day snowshoe rentals.
• JD Country Outfitters has adult and kid snowshoe rental packages for $20 a day
RELATED STORIES: Thrills Beyond the Slopes With Snowshoeing in Jackson Hole
For the Fat Biker: Teton Mountain Bike is the best place in Jackson Hole to rent fat bikes as well as obtain information on riding the local groomed fat bike singletrack trails.
Baby Equipment Rentals
Parents: Are you In need of cribs and car seats, or child care for your precious cargo? Don't bother lugging the equipment on the plane or packing it in the car if you're driving out to Jackson Hole. Here are some options.
The Last Word
We hope you’re ready to shred, cycle, play on water and just live life to the fullest in our beautiful valley. The hardest part will be pulling yourself away.