Ongoing throughout June:
• Jackson Hole Shootout - The longest running shootout in the country; daily except Sundays in Town Square at 6 p.m.
• Wyoming Stargazing's weekly Friday stargazing events will be virtual this summer. On upcoming clear Friday nights (except on Full Moon weeks) from 9:30 to 11 p.m. Mountain Time, the organization will hook up an astronomical video camera to one of its telescopes and stream the footage online. Visit wyomingstargazing.org for more information.
• Historic Downtown Walking Tours – The Jackson Hole Historical Society & Museum holds free, one-hour walking tours around Town Square at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday through Friday – jacksonholehistory.org
• "The Ballad of Cat Ballou" at Jackson Hole Playhouse - Jackson Hole's only dinner theater's 2019 summer musical; runs Mon.-Sat. through Aug. 29 - jacksonholeplayhouse.com
• Jackson Hole People's Market - Locally-produced food items and crafts; music; held at the base of Snow King Resort every Wednesday 4-7 p.m. - jhpeoplesmarket.org
6: Grand Teton Half Marathon - grandtetonhalfmarathon.com
19: Grand Targhee Mountain Resort Summer Opening - grandtarghee.com
20: Bridger-Teton Gondola at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort opens for sightseeing, hiking and dining; free rides after 4:30 p.m. to the Deck @ Piste restaurant. - jacksonhole.com
20: Mountain bike park opens at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
21: Teton Raptor Fest at Snow King Ball Park. Join Owly the Great Horned Owl, Gus the Golden Eagle and many other live raptors from 3 to 5:30 p.m., courtesy of Teton Raptor Center. The annual event will feature kids’ activities, learning opportunities and food. Cost is $5 per person or $10 per family. **ALERT: This event is canceled for 2020 due to concerns with COVID-19. It will be held virtually instead. Visit website for info. - tetonraptorcenter.org
21: JacksonHoleLive concert series begins at Snow King Mountain - Starts 6 p.m.; $5 18 and over; free 17 and under. **ALERT: This event is canceled for 2020 due to concerns with COVID-19 - jacksonholelive.org
21: 14th Annual Crawfish Boil - Held at the base of Snow King in conjunction with JacksonHoleLive. **ALERT: This event is canceled for 2020 due to concerns with COVID-19
Art Walk - Gallery openings, artist demos and more in downtown Jackson; 5-8 p.m. - jacksonholegalleryassociation.com
25-27: Jackson Hole Food & Wine Summer Festival at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and the town of Jackson. - Interact and dine with a broad culinary community of local and guest chefs, winemakers, cocktail and beer experts and much more. **ALERT! This event is canceled for 2020 due to concerns around COVID-19
Summer Solstice Celebration at Rendezvous Park (R Park) - Event will feature music, art, refreshments. Located off Hwy 390 on the way to Teton Village.
Teton Mudpot Summer Ceramic Sale - Art Association of Jackson Hole's two-day sale of locally made ceramic ware. **ALERT: This event is canceled for 2020 due to concerns with COVID-19 - artassociation.org
Alive@5 on the Village Commons: "Talon Tuesdays with Teton Raptor Center - Hawks, eagles, owls, and falcons take center stage. Enjoy up-close, arm’s length learning experience with live birds of prey. Free; 5-6 p.m. - tetonraptorcenter.org
Alive@5 on the Village Commons: "Winged Wednesdays" with Teton Raptor Center - Hawks, eagles, owls, and falcons take center stage. Enjoy up-close, arm’s length learning experience with live birds of prey. Free; 5-6 p.m. - tetonraptorcenter.org
Alive@5 on the Village Commons: Wild Things of Wyoming - An interactive and engaging experience about the animals who make Wyoming their home. Free.
Annual Snow King Hill Climb Running Race. The 2.3-mile race begins at the Jackson Town Square, follows Cache Street and climbs 1,571 feet up switchbacks and alpine terrain to the summit of Snow King Mountain. – tetoncountyparksandrec.org
More Things to Do in June
HAVE A "BANG-UP" TIME ON JACKSON TOWN SQUARE
The Jackson Hole Shootout is presented every night at 6 p.m. on the northeast corner of Town Square. The longest-running shootout in the United States features a "gun fight" show by the Jackson Hole Shootout Gang, filled with the lore of the Old West, bringing characters to life in the streets of present-day Jackson.
GET YOUR COWBOY ON
The Jackson Hole Rodeo is held throughout the summer on Wednesday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. at the rodeo grounds on Snow King Avenue. The rodeo will also be presented on Friday, June 28 and every Friday in July through August. Quintessentially Western, watch cowboys and cowgirls compete in barrel racing, roping, on bucking broncs and more. Visit jhrodeo.com.