The Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival is an annual event held every September that pays tribute to the arts and the role they play in Jackson Hole. Thirty-seven years ago the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce and the town’s art community came together to expand Jackson’s tourist season, which used to end when summer came to a close. The result was the Fall Arts Festival—widely recognized as one of the premier cultural events in the Rocky Mountain West—that brings collectors and art aficionados from all over the world to Jackson Hole.
The 11-day festival toasts Jackson Hole’s incredibly diverse artistic community, its fall colors, its cuisine and all the dedicated professionals that add to the vibrancy of our valley.
With dozens of events occurring between September 6th and 17th, we’ve gone through and picked out some fetes that are sure to be winners. However, we encourage you to check back here frequently for ongoing event details. Each and every day, galleries are hosting talks, openings and parties, so please make sure to check if your favorite one is on the list.
Tickets are selling fast. Reserve your tickets today to ensure your attendance at your favorite Fall Arts Festival events! Many events have limited capacity, and advance reservations are strongly recommended. Click here
The National Museum of Wildlife Art's Annual Western Visions Show and Sale (September 9th through October 1st) overlaps with its own events and chances to purchase world-class art. This is the major fundraiser every year for the museum and needs to be on your radar!
Wednesday, September 6
Wine Down Wednesday & Wind Up for Fall Arts: A jewelry and wine pairing from 5 to 7 p.m. at The Wort Hotel with designers from Western Design Conference and bottles from Jackson Hole Winery and more.
Thursday, September 7
• Thursday features the Western Design Conference Exhibit and Sale opening preview party and fashion show which offers a VIP sneak peek at the sale at Snow King Center. Hours: 6 to 10 p.m.; $100 general admission/$175 VIP ticket. Visit westerndesignconference.com for details.
Friday, September 8
- The Annual Western Design Conference Exhibit and Sale starts its three-day run at Snow King Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; tickets cost $30 westerndesignconference.com
- Reserve your evening for the immensely popular Palates & Palettes Gallery Walk. Town galleries start their parties at 5 p.m. Running until 7 p.m. at a huge range of galleries, this event involves a delicious pairing between top-notch restaurants from throughout Jackson with gallery spaces, resulting in the perfect food/art crawl. Participating galleries include Heather James Fine Art, Altamira, Tayloe Piggott, WRJ Design, Gallery Wild, Ringholz Studios and many more. We guarantee that all will have something special in store.
Saturday, September 9
- Western Design Conference Exhibit and Sale continues at Snow King Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; $30 - Visit westerndesignconference.com for details.
- Western Visions Exhibit Opening: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the National Museum of Wildlife Art.
Sunday, September 10
- Western Design Conference Exhibit and Sale continues at Snow King Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; $15 - Visit westerndesignconference.com for details.
- Arts on the Green: From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the Center for the Arts Lawn. Free entry to view and purchase art, jewelry, and more from 50+ local creatives including some of Jackson's finest artists. Bar and live entertainment throughout the afternoon. Presented by the Art Association of Jackson Hole
Wednesday, September 13
• Meet the 2023 Fall Arts Festival featured artist, Ewoud de Groot, offering signed copies of this year's featured poster "Twilight Elk." Posters are available for purchase at the event; 1 to 4 p.m. at Astoria Fine Art
Thursday, September 14
- Western Visions is the National Museum of Wildlife Art’s largest and longest-running fundraiser and is one of the signature events of the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival. Top contemporary wildlife artists – and collectors – from around the world will be congregating at the museum. The show features a wide selection of art for sale and the money raised from this fundraiser supports the museum. For more information and bidding guidelines, click here.
Friday, September 15
- Swing by the Jackson Hole Art Auction to preview works of art. The Jackson Hole Art Auction has been recognized as one of the premier art events in the country. This event represents a true motherlode for any art lover, with genres including contemporary, classic, Western, sporting and wildlife all represented.
- "Afternoon with the Artist" with featured artistcEwoud De Groot; from 3 to 5 p.m., Astoria Fine Arts.
- QuickDraw Artist Reception will take place from 5 to 7 p.m. at Cloudveil Hotel. Meet the artists of the 2023 Jackson Hole QuickDraw in an intimate reception on Cloudveil's rooftop.
- Showcase of Homes, presented by Jackson Hole Traveler's sister publication, Homestead from 10 a.m. to 4 pm.
Saturday, September 16
- Kick-off your morning with a splash of paint (and excitement). At 8 a.m. on the Town Square, the 27th Annual Jackson Hole Quick Draw art sale and auction begin. Nationally, regionally and locally recognized artists will demonstrate their skills at this unique alfresco event. One-of-a-kind artwork will be auctioned off following the 90-minute creative process where spectators will watch artists paint and sculpt. The auction will feature the sale of the 2023 Fall Arts Festival's featured painting by renowned artist Ewoud De Groot. Individuals who are interested in purchasing the artwork should register in advance at the information table.
- The Jackson Hole Art Auction gets going at noon. Preview the works beginning at 9 a.m.; bidding starts at noon. Visit jacksonholeartauction.com for more.
Sunday, September 17
- You didn’t think you could leave the Fall Arts Festival without one more gallery tour, did you? The Art Brunch Gallery Walk runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy brunch and festive beverages at this closing-day celebration for the Fall Arts Festival. This event provides the opportunity to visit with gallery representatives and take a closer look at the art. Galleries will be serving brunch bites, Bloody Marys, and mimosas. Participating galleries are Gallery Wild, Mountain Trails Gallery, West Lives On, Astoria Fine Art, Turner Fine Art, Ringholz Studios and more.
- Last thing on the itinerary? Take a nap! That’s a lot of amazing arts programming in one week, all thanks to the Jackson Hole Fall Arts Festival’s continually evolving and expanding reach.